Cedar Rapids, IA
"Cedar Rapids is a vibrant urban hometown a beacon for people and businesses that are invested in building a greater community now and for the next generation".
The City of Cedar Rapids, IA is currently recruiting for a Custodian I.
The salary range for this position starts at $35,921.60 annually.
The City of Cedar Rapids welcomes diversity in all forms including; race, gender, background, and thought. The City strives for a workforce that reflects the community we serve!
Details on the required qualifications including the complete job description for this position can be found at our website: www.cityofcr.com/jobs
Some Examples of Essential Work:
• Provides comprehensive floor care program to a variety of flooring surfaces;
• Cleans restrooms; breakrooms; offices; hallways;
• Washes walls, woodwork and windows;
• Provides security service for the facility in the evening hours;
• Assists in painting, wall repair and other such minor maintenance actions;
• Prepares rooms for meetings, cleans and rearranges furniture;
• Performs some outdoor maintenance work such as litter pickup, emptying trash receptacles, snow and ice removal;
•Performs delivery and pickup work;
• Assists in the set-up and tear down of equipment for special functions within the facility;
• Provides verbal and written information concerning maintenance and repair of the facility and associated grounds;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures and safety practices;
• Attends work regularly at the designated place and time;
• Supports continuous process improvement initiatives;
•Performs related work as required.
Specific qualifications include:
• Requires a minimum of one year of experience as a building maintenance worker, including some experience in minor mechanical, electrical and minor building repair work; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications:
• Iowa Driver's License upon appointment.
The City of Cedar Rapids offers a supervisory training curriculum and professional development courses throughout the year. We believe in upward mobility for our employees and the diversity and size of our organization provides opportunities for advancement.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes: free employee dental care and low cost family dental care, low cost health and prescription coverage, flexible benefits plans, 11 paid holidays, a comprehensive wellness program with free annual screenings for you and your spouse, an IPERS retirement package, deferred compensation, flexible leave and tuition reimbursement.
For more information on what it is like to experience life in Cedar Rapids or the Corridor area visit http://www.cedarrapids.org/ or www.culturalcorridor.org/index.asp.
Visit our website to download an application: www.CityofCR.com/Jobs
Submit your completed application to: email@example.com
Applications accepted until 4:00p.m., October 28, 2016.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer