Cedar Rapids, IA
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to join the Utility Operations department in Cedar Rapids.
• Provide administrative support to department by reading and researching questions/issues as requested; route correspondence, draft letters and documents; collect and review information; send/receive faxes; assist in preparing and distributing reports; assist in preparing slide presentations; collect, sort, deliver and prepare mail for post; coordinate department activities.
• Maintain and update various databases and/or spreadsheets.
• Assist with updating department calendar for planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
• Maintain confidentiality of all applicable documents and information.
• Maintain department files and file paperwork as assigned.
• Maintain department office supply inventory.
• Coordinate and/or assist with meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements.
• Answer all calls and greet visitors; review and direct requests to appropriate parties; ensure requests are appropriately handled.
• Special project assistance, coordination and/or completion as directed.
• Attend educational workshops, read publications and participate in training/professional organizations as requested by management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Critical Success Factors:
• High School or GED with a minimum 4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Typing speed proficiency and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works cooperatively with, and is willing to assist others
• Ability to operate computers and general office equipment
• Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
• Strong organizational, coordination and time management skills
• Self-starter with high level of initiative
• Extensive software skills and knowledge
• Able to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal skills
CIPCO is Iowa's largest cooperative energy provider serving 13 rural electric cooperatives and associations spanning 58 of Iowa's 99 counties. CIPCOs' members distribute power to nearly 300,000 Iowans and more than 12,000 commercial and industrial accounts.
CIPCO is a state-of-the-art energy provider with a diverse fuel mix of coal, nuclear, hydro, wind, landfill gas, natural gas, and oil energy resources. We continue to invest in new technology and renewable energy production, supporting Iowa's development of renewable energy resources. Over half of our electricity is generated from emission- and carbon-free resources, minimizing the impact to the environment.
CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pension plan, 401(k) match, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
For more information about CIPCO please visit: www.cipco.net