Cedar Rapids, IA
Summary of Job Description:
This position will report to the NCSML Accountant. The qualified individual will be proficient in a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Desired individual will have an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail, experience with QuickBooks Premier, and an ability to work well with the Museum and Library's volunteers, administrative team and directors.
Hours: up to 28 hours per week
Qualifications and job requirements:
• Associate's degree (AA/AS) or equivalent; minimum of two years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Nonprofit experience a plus but not necessary.
• Proficiency in QuickBooks Premier
• Additional proficiency in Windows operating systems and with Microsoft Office 2013 including, Excel, Word, Outlook and OneNote.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain Accounts Payable subsidiary ledger by the data entry of vendor invoices and company credit cards.
• Prepare daily deposits for the bank and post to sales register.
• Works with the database manager, who is the first point of contact regarding gifts to the NCSML.
• Assist in the reconciliation of general ledger accounts during the month end close and provide reports to department directors and the leadership team.
• Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements and other financial records.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
• Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
To apply: Send resume, references and cover letter to Mike Moore: email@example.com.