North Liberty, IA
JMI Laboratories (www.jmilabs.com) is a global leader in anti-infectives research, operating as a clinical reference laboratory in support of new drug development including clinical trials.
We are recruiting an OFFICE ACCOUNTANT, which is a new position for our expanding operations.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Main responsibility is to perform the accounting, finance, and human resource functions for the business. Must have excellent financial analysis, accounting and attention to details skills to provide these support functions for a highly productive and evolving microbiology laboratory.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs most accounting functions, which includes the following (not an exhaustive list):
• Establishment and maintenance of chart of accounts
• Entry of daily and routine accounting transactions
• Monitoring of accounts payable and performing weekly or as needed check and electronic transfer disbursements
• Invoicing and accounts receivable management
• Cash and bank management including deposits, bank and credit card reconciliations
• Perform audit activities by reviewing ledger and other financial statements for accuracy.
• Prepares budgets and financial statements for internal and external use as directed.
• Will generate monthly payrolls, including responsibility for payment of all federal and multi-state tax obligations and associated monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting forms (940, 941, federal and state unemployment, etc).
• Oversees the Human Resource activities of fringe benefit programs (medical, dental, retirement, etc).
• Prepares business forecasting and financial analysis reports on current and projected service activities.
• Will maintain, modify, and generate standard operating procedures for all accounting process functions, where needed.
• Perform detailed and complex analyses in Excel, including usage of pivot tables and multi-worksheet data calculations.
• Be ready and available to work on other projects as needed and directed by executive staff.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with focus in accounting or finance. CPA designation is preferred. Five or more years' experience in directing the financial operations of similar corporate organizations is required. Must have experience with Quickbooks accounting software and Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
Individual must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal guidance. Will need to be able to multi-task across many projects and have absolute confidence in ability to provide complete and accurate data. Will have access to all financial data of business, thus must be able to remain discreet and confidential at all times. Due to unique position that manages the administrative infrastructure, should be inquisitive, motivated and always looking for ways to improve business, review and analyze data without being directed to perform such tasks. Should have positive work attitude, can work and communicate effectively with all employees and clients, when needed. Individual should make yourself someone executives could not live without.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
To apply, send email with cover letter application and resume to email@example.com