Accounting / Bookkeeping Associate
Cedar Rapids/ Iowa City/Des Moines
HomeChoice Senior Care
We are the leading provider of non-medical in-home services in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Des Moines markets. We have an immediate opening for an Accounting/Bookkeeper with an emphasis in office management and customer service in our Cedar Rapids corporate office. This person will oversee most accounting functions of our operations and though that is the main focus of this position, they also have opportunities to grow and be involved with other business functions. They will occasionally assist with some human resource functions, track and report key business indicators, and provide customer support for employee payroll functions and client billing and accounts receivable functions for 3 profit centers in Eastern and Central Iowa. This position could be structured as either a full or part time position for the right candidate ("Mom's hours" for instance).
Qualifications required: Two year accounting degree or equivalent education and experience. Strong computer based accounting and business information systems experience. Quickbooks, Word and Excel experience. Two or more years of business accounting experience handling A/P, A/R, collections, G/L, payroll and monthly financials. In addition, excellent organization, communication, and staff management skills are required. Pay rate based on experience. Qualified candidates should email resumes to: Koleene@HomeChoiceSeniorCare.com * Candidates must include expected pay rate range for consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Process bi-monthly client billing and manage Accounts Receivables.
2. Process bi-monthly payroll, including filing all payroll taxes.
3.Manage Accounts Payables.
4.Reconcile bank statements.
5. Maintains General Ledger/Chart of Accounts and creates monthly P&L's and Balance Sheet statements.
6. Collect, process and consolidate monthly business statistics. Create reports to measure effectiveness of profit centers in achieving key business indicator goals.
7. Administer and maintain company insurance and employee benefit programs.
8. Assure all files and computer records for all accounting records are well organized and maintained.
9. Oversee and prepare reports for Executive Director, regulatory agencies, accounting firm, etc. as needed.
10. Interact with employees regarding payroll questions and compliance.
11. Interact with clients regarding any billing or accounts receivable questions.
12. Assist with overall business customer service functions, answering phones, helping with client and caregiver scheduling, processing of new and old client and employee records.