Cedar Rapids, IA
COME GROW WITH US!
ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with members of our community and look forward to serving the Corridor for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are recruiting for a Controller. The Controller contributes to budgeting and strategic planning for ImOn. In addition, this position will ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financials. This individual oversees the financial and operating controls including: cash flow, budgeting, expenses and revenues of company, as well as the maintenance of the accounting systems and is responsible for extensive financial modeling and forecasting.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, utilize and maintain account system.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis
• Responsible for monthly budgeting and forecasting.
• Maintain the general ledger and post monthly journal entries.
• Responsible for billing, financial reporting, balance sheet and cash flow statement and analysis.
• Responsible for payroll, payroll taxes and filing of taxes.
• Manage the audit process: hire audit team and interface with them throughout the audit.
• Maintain a detailed operating plan that reports goals and objectives of the management team.
• Meet quarterly with management team to set an operating plan and corporate goals.
• Work with insurance companies regarding: business liability coverage, workers compensation and risk management insurance. Review and re-negotiate on an annual basis.
• Prepare application for state funding initiatives.
• Monitor regulatory compliance and ensure regulatory filings are completed accurately and on time.
Education and minimum qualifications (Skills required):
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 10+ years of related management or executive leadership experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel required.
• Knowledge of the Telecommunications and Cable Industry preferred.
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• Exceptional organizational, strategic planning and time management skills. Must have a strong sense of urgency and high level of customer service.
• Must possess a valid Iowa Driver's License
ImOn employees share a passion for building a culture of "Creating Connections One Person at a Time". We serve our local community while fostering a fun and rewarding work environment for our employees. ImOn offers competitive pay, health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as company provided vision, life insurance, short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in GROWING WITH US please apply in person or send your resume to:
625 First Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Attn: Human Resources