Cedar Rapids, IA
Basic Function: The payroll clerk position is accountable for collecting timekeeping information, incorporating a variety of deductions into a periodic payroll, and issuing pay and pay-related information to employees in multiple offices.
1. Collect and summarize timekeeping information processed internally not thru a 3rd party
2. Obtain supervisory approval of time card discrepancies
3.Obtain overtime approvals
5.Process garnishment requests
6. Process employee advances and paybacks
7.Process and close periodic payrolls
8.Print and issue paychecks
9.Process direct deposit payments
10.Process paycard payments
11.Calculate and deposit payroll taxes
12.Process employment verifications
13. Process and issue annual W-2 forms to employees
14.Handle all union reporting
15.File all State and Federal tax reports
16. Reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts
17.Track benefits; PTO, 401K, insurance
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of payroll processing experience. Associates degree in business preferred. Must have exceptional excel skills, ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail.
No phone calls please!
To apply, please send resume by click the "Apply Now" button below!