Customer Support Technician II
Cedar Rapids, IA
Customer Support Technician II
Cedar Rapids, IA
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is located at Kirkwood Community College and will be in support of College operations. Solutions Management Group in conjunction with Kirkwood Community College seeks a Customer Support Technician II located at Kirkwood's main campus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a technology team that supports a leading educational institution that focuses on instructional innovation, program effectiveness and operational excellence.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Iowa City Customer Support Technician II (CST II) provides direct support of computers, peripheral equipment, software, and converged educational technology at Kirkwood's Iowa City Campus with the full support of Kirkwood's Customer Support Service Center located on Kirkwood's main campus in Cedar Rapids and within the framework that Technology Services has developed. This includes all equipment from the network's edge to the end user and encompasses a wide range of computer and audio/visual peripherals including, but not limited to, projectors, displays, document cameras, audio amplification and similar equipment. The position provides operational support and incident resolution for both individual components and systems, and works closely with end-users to solve both technical and operational problems. This position requires strong customer service and relationship management skills, as well as the ability to implement project management skills through leading assigned projects and project team members. The CST II is expected to document solutions within Kirkwood's ticketing tracking system and to work closely with the CSS Team, the Service Desk, and the System Administrators to efficiently resolve issues.
• Install, support, and repair College computers, peripherals, software, and educational technology equipment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve moderately difficult technical issues and educate CSS team regarding appropriately documented solutions.
• Effectively document issue solutions and processes within a ticket management system. Provide diagrams and drawings for all required systems.
• Interface effectively, efficiently, and professionally with end users to resolve issues related to effective use of technology.
• Lead projects and/or project teams utilizing effective project management skills and methodologies as assigned.
• Travel to on-campus and off-campus facilities for installation, demonstration, maintenance and repair of equipment as needed.
• Observe and report equipment performance deficiencies and provide input into the development of procedures, best practices, and policies.
• Promote self-service and coach end users to use self-service when remote or desk side visit could have been avoided.
• Provide on-going operational training to end-users with hands-on training and/or writing technical support documentation for installed classroom systems along with assistance to other CTS staff.
• Provide set-up, operation and teardown of AV support for miscellaneous college events.
• Perform other related work duties as assigned.
• Must be a self-motivated and driven individual with proven personal computer skills.
• Must have excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently, accept responsibility with limited supervision, manage multiple tasks/projects to completion, and work with frequent interruptions.
• Must have strong organization skills, high attention to detail, and proven project management skills.
• Be able to express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form, and must maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
• Solid team player with proven skills functioning in a collaborative team environment.
• Must demonstrate the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
• Must be willing and able to work evening and weekends as required.
• Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
• Be able and willing to represent the SMG/Kirkwood Partnership in the most positive manner in all situations as we serve our customers.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
• Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors, close quarters and distance focus capability and ability to judge depth perception. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
•Associate's Degree or Certificate/Diploma in computer science or related field.
• Three to five years of recognized success in Desktop Support, Audio/Visual Support, educational technology, or a related field with proven teamwork and project management skills.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with Windows operating systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
• Comp TIA A+ Certification.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with Mac OS.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with iOS and Android devices.
• ITIL Foundations qualification
• InfoComm CTS Certified Technology Specialist
• Five to Seven years of recognized success in Desktop Support, Audio/Visual Support, or a related field.
• Experience supporting Higher Education.
•Excellent pay and comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision and 401k retirement.
•Generous vacation and paid holidays.
Application deadline is October 28, 2016
Submit online or email to: